INSUPRO is an elastomeric Modiﬁed Bitumen Membrane used for various waterproof
applications. It is manufactured in a high-tech calendaring process, which involves the
saturation and coating of a polyester carrier with an SBS elastomer-modiﬁed bitumen
compound. The SBS modiﬁers are used to improve the thermal, chemical, and aging
properties of the bitumen compound. Meanwhile, the mechanical characteristics such
as tensile strength, elongation, and tear resistance are boosted by the non-woven
polyester carrier, which acts as a reinforcement to the product.
INSUPRO – Bitumen Membrane Surface Finish
The lower surface of the membrane is laminated with a thin thermo-fusible polyethylene
‘burn-oﬀ’ ﬁlm. The membrane is available with a wide range of upper surface ﬁnish
options including diﬀerent coloured slates, aluminium foil, sand, and polyethylene ﬁlm.
- Absolute impermeability to water
- High chemical resistance to alkaline solutions, light acidic solutions, and bacteria
- Thermal resistance under a wide range of temperature fluctuation
- Excellent U.V. resistance when the surface is finished with slates.
- Ease of adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
- Applicable for above and below grade usages
INSUPRO Membrane Characteristics
Flexibility at low temperature -18 to – 22 C
Thickness 4 mm
Softening Point (Ring & Ball) 110 C
INSUPRO membranes are used for a wide variety of waterprooﬁng requirements and in
applications where the membrane is subject to constant movement and high stresses,
- Rooﬁng Insulation
- Sloped and ﬂat roofs Insulation.
- Insulation for tunnels, wet areas, swimming pools, and toilets
- Foundations and underground structures Insulation